Monday, September 2, 2013

DIY Seashell Mirror

DIY Seashell Mirror

So... if you're anything like me, you go to the beach and return home with a gallon bag full of odd shells you picked up off the sand. It sounds crazy, but it's so much fun! I get addicted to finding certain designs and colors. It's just what I do when I hit the beach.

After picking up shells for the past four years or so I had accumulated a large amount and of course had no where to put them. With a little thrift store shopping and some Pinterest scanning, I finally figured out what to do. It was time to make a seashell bordered mirror!

All I needed was:

  • A thrift store mirror (I used one with a wooden frame)
  • Seashells of course
  • And a hot glue gun with plenty of refills
And if you don't collect shells, I've seen plenty of nice ones in craft stores.

Below I have some pictures of how I went about creating my mirror.


 Here you can of course see my mirror (tada!). I figured one with a flat frame edge would be easiest. I also cleaned it good before starting to get any dust or dirt off.


I started off glueing the larger shells all the way around. That way I was sure to cover all of the frame. I then went in with some smaller shells that looked cute. Be sure to add plenty of glue! Some places I glued lightly and they popped off. They had to be stuck on again of course (oops! haha).


Here is my finished mirror! :) I still had tons of shells left over, but the mirror turned out great!

The final product turned out really cute! It only cost me about $4 to make which was even better! I really think this idea would look great on multiple things. I might even seashell some picture frames :) Hope this helps you put a stylish mirror together!

- Crystal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment