Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY Garden Markers

DIY Garden Markers


This summer I planted a few things in a little raised bed. And when I say a little, I mean literally only 4 things. I was just curious if I could get anything to grow, you know?  Well, luckily my seeds I planted sprouted and I actually got a few really skinny carrots and some super tiny watermelon. Just enough to make my day. :)

In order to remember where I planted everything I used some stone markers. These were very simple to make and 4 months later they still look like I just wrote them out.

All I used was:
  • Smooth pebbles of good size
  • Sharpie Oil Paint Pens


The above picture shows a stone when the plants first started to grow...


And here my carrots are of good size, and my pebbles are still very nice looking!

It took no effort to make these. I simply cleaned off the pebbles to get the dirt off, then wrote out my names. The paint pens dried super quick, and turned out to be very weather resistant!

It's just a nice way to label a garden patch, or even flowers.

Hope this gives you some ideas. :)

-Crystal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment