Monday, September 2, 2013

DIY Nature Silhouette Painting

DIY Nature Silhouette Painting

Leaves, butterflies, and birds... I adore it all. And when I don't feel like painting individual feathers (there's no time for that!) the silhouette works perfect. Do that with a pop of color and you have a nice and easy to make piece. Not feeling up to free handing an outline? Just trace it! :)



Items I used include:

  • Canvas
  • Paint and brushes

What I did for my piece:

  1. First off I painted the background, and I couldn't use just one color. So I limited myself to four.
  2. Next I painted in my objects. Pick anything you want! The nice thing about using this technique is that when you mess up you can just change the shape or make your object a little bigger! I had to alter quite a few things along the way. Tracing a picture may be a good route to take.
  3. Since I used four different colors my lines separating them weren't the prettiest. To cover this I dipped a q-tip into the black paint and added a dotted separation line. I wasn't sure what it would look like, but I like it! I don't think it took away anything from the painting. 
Mix it up and paint whatever you want! Do some words, a building, or even a favorite TV character! Use one color, or four! There are so many possibilities with this!

Have fun painting!

- Crystal :)





No comments:

Post a Comment